By Jeff Porter
Cisco is virtually synonymous with data networking. So it’s makes perfect sense that they are the market leader in IP telephony, since VoIP rides the data network. This is called a converged network ‘systems approach’ and it begins with a single, resilient platform such as the Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR).
The Value of a Systems Approach
A systems approach begins with a Cisco ISR and combines intelligent services and weaves voice, security, routing, and application services together, so that processes become more automated and more intelligent. The results are pervasive security in the network and applications; higher QoS for data, voice, and video; increased productivity and better use of network resources. Cisco ISR offers a comprehensive, future-proofed solution that minimizes network outages and ensures access to the most business-critical applications.
Cisco's focus on integrating new infrastructure services with performance enables companies to create networks that are more intelligent, resilient, and reliable. For organizations of all sizes that need fast, secure access to today's mission-critical applications as well as a foundation for future growth, Cisco routers provide a single platform for the delivery of concurrent data, voice, and video; embed security and voice services into a single routing system.
Unique Unified Applications
The Cisco Unified Communications Manager offers unique applications and services that are tightly integrated and available as a bundle in a single user license. These applications include:
- Mobile Connect with Single Number Reach - A single telephone number can ring up to 10 devices simultaneously and calls can transition seamlessly from device-to-device.
- Extension Mobility - Any user can log into any IP phone and receive calls not just on their own extension number, but all features and services and even key programming are moved to that IP phone.
- Presence - A PC or MAC software client that provides real-time user status, instant messaging, desktop phone control, directories and call logging, as well as IP softphone capability.
- Video using any video-equipped laptop, video-equipped endpoint, or even a compatible room-based video teleconference unit, video is automatically part of any voice call.
- Integrated Messaging - Receive voice mails as emails without impacting your email server and still enjoy a synchronized voice mailbox and message-waiting indicator.
- Personal Communication Assistant – a user web portal to allow users to program speed calls, mobility destinations, phone keys, even a web-based voice mail interface.
- And optional applications such as Unified Mobility mobile presence, Cisco MeetingPlace video and audio conferencing, Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) for automatic call distribution and reporting, and more!
Wide Array of IP Phones; Soft and Hard
Cisco offers a wider variety of IP phones than any other manufacturer!
- 6900, 7900, 8900, and 9900 series IP phones that can include video cameras, color VGA touch screens, VPN, WiFi, and Bluetooth headset connectivity
- Cisco IP Communicator (CIPC) softphone for PC’s
- Cisco Unified Personal Communicator (CUPC) softphone for PC’s and MAC’s
- Cisco Mobile for iPhones and iPads
- Cisco Jabber for Andriods
- And introducing the brand new CISCO CIUS TABLET with docking station
Remote User Connectivity
An important part of Unified Communications is anytime/anywhere access. Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewalls offer unique methods for connecting to your office network from remote locations, all of which provide secure and encrypted communications.
- Using Cisco’s UC Phone Proxy allows a Cisco IP Phone to operate outside the office over any public Internet connection without the need for any additional equipment or hardware.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) software-based clients using standard IP Sec and/or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocols. SSL provides the added capability of VPN over any browser. There’s no need to load additional VPN software or do any special configurations.
In short, a Cisco Telephony solutions provides:
- Everything you need for your network: With the broadest portfolio of products designed and priced for small business, we're ready to help with your technology needs - both today and tomorrow.
- Experienced Partners such as CWPS, Inc: We understand your unique needs and design, deploy, and manage a complete solution that’s tailored to your organization’s objectives, so you can focus on your business.
- It just works: The reliability, security and performance you expect from Cisco and CWPS.
- Provide unparalleled services performance and investment protection!