Continuous data protection (CDP) is a real-time backup solution that is automatically updated with every change to the live system. By maintaining a complete, real-time copy of the company's data, better disaster protection and data fidelity can be achieved. CDP systems have many advantages for businesses looking to avoid business interruption and improve their network efficiency.
How Continuous Data Protection Works
By running in the background of a network, CDP solutions can identify any changes that are made to an organization's data. Once these changes are made, they are immediately synced to the company's backups. These backups may be maintained on the cloud for better accessibility and reliability. In the event that there are issues with the live data, the information stored on the backup can be immediately restored. These systems generally provide numerous snapshots of each file at different dates, so that they can be rolled back to any prior version.
The Business Benefits of Continuous Data Protection
- Constant syncing. A real-time backup solution means that data is never lost -- even if the live system fails. Rather than having to spend time replicating information and tracking down issues, a business can instead immediately recover and repair.
- Management and monitoring. Continuous data protection solutions such as Asigra are monitored and maintained by a technical support team, taking the burden off of administrative and internal IT staff.
- Granular backup controls. Through granular backups, employees can easily roll back to previous versions of files -- without having to restore the entire system. This can be exceptionally useful in the event that mistakes occur, such as files being accidentally deleted.
- Multiple version control. CDP solutions keep multiple versions of each file -- spanning back to the initial changes. Employees can choose to roll back a day, a week, or a month. This is especially important when collaborative attempts are being made; employees will never risk accidentally damaging something another employee is working on.
- Easy access. A cloud-based CDP system offers immediate access to old files, from anywhere in the world.
Continuous data protection is a must-have feature for modern organizations. The more a business relies upon their data, the more important a CDP solution becomes. CWPS offers a wide variety of data protection services, including the cloud-based continuous data protection services of Asigra. Contact CWPS today to learn more about the benefits of a real-time backup solution.