System Support Engineer Tier III- Chantilly Virginia
The Systems Support Engineer III is primarily responsible for working on a team at the CWPS Service Desk at our HQ location in Chantilly, VA. This position will handle technical support requests directly from customers as well as escalation from other team members and field engineers. Our engineers are responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving their computing experiences through effective maintenance, problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing the organization’s perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service. Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies, management, and maintenance processes. This position requires dedication, persistence, effective utilization of provided resources and the ability to deliver superior customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation and support of virtual platforms built on Microsoft's Hyper-V, VMware, or Cloud Servers such as AWS/Azure.
- Design, implementation, Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications
- Excellent knowledge with email solution in area of implementation, configuration and administration
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft networks including the administration and management of Server 2008 through 2016 technologies including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Group Policy
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Terminal Services
- Implementation and support of disaster recovery solutions
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Provide third-tier escalation support and mentor ship to other engineers
- Strong knowledge of Backup Solutions
- Strong understanding of remote solutions such as Remote Desktop Services and Citrix
- Excellent knowledge of network Storage Solution
- Basic knowledge of network services: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
Minimum Experience and Other Required Experience
- Minimum 5 years IT experience with IT administration and support experience with windows administration and management of servers, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Group Policy and Virtualization
- Experience with cloud technologies preferred
- Previous Experience in a fast-paced consulting or MSP environment as plus
- Knowledge on SharePoint services is preferred
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferred Certifications: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, VMware (VCP), Azure Solutions Architect, or AWS Associations are helpful
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong consulting and communication skills
- Confidence and experience in front of clients
- Strong ability to work in a team-based environment
Ability to be a self-starter and possess good time management skills
CWPS is an equal opportunity corporation and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.