The UC Network Engineer II is primarily responsible for working on a team at the CWPS Service Desk at our HQ location in Chantilly, VA. This position will handle technical support requests directly from customers as well as escalation from other team members and field engineers. Our engineers are responsible for maintaining user uptime and improving their experiences through effective maintenance, problem identification and resolution activities, as well as growing and developing the organization’s perception with existing customers through exceptional customer service. Candidates must be energetic and focused with a strong motivation to learn new technologies and management and maintenance processes. This position requires dedication, persistence, effective utilization of provided resources and the ability to deliver superior customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors, troubleshoots and resolves Unified Communications (UC) network related issues, escalating as necessary
- Set up, configure, troubleshoot and test Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM); Cisco Unity Connection (CUC); Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX); Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX); Cisco Video Communications Server (VCS) and/or Expressway; MGCP H323 gateways (29XX, VGs); Cisco LAN switches (core, distribution and access), Cisco firewalls, routers and voice gateways, etc.
- Troubleshooting of call routing, delivery issues and experience with toll free carrier call delivery setup and SIP / PRI trunks
- Maintains UC network performance by performing UC network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading UC/network environment
- Maintains and improves on the Unified Communications service with reportable data and metrics
- Ensure network security by maintaining proper network access control, evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Work with monitoring tools to diagnose via logs and investigate failures or errors in network traffic as well as other issues within the NOC
- Evaluate environment for process improvement and make recommendations
- Collaborate and communicate with other team members to provide good service and issue resolution
Minimum Experience and Other Required Experience
- Minimum of three years related experience in UC network environments, with some experience in network engineering
- Strong working experience with Cisco CUCM , CUC, UCCX , SIP
- Hands on experience with Cisco VCS/VCS- Expressway clustering, troubleshooting.
- Knowledge on UCS 220M Virtualization
- Experience in Cisco PBX and/or Call Center systems engineering experience
- Experience with router configuration, knowledge of voice mail, unified messaging, ACD and IVR systems
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in IT UC Networking experience
- Preferred certifications: CCNA, CCNP
Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong consulting and communication skills
- Confidence and experience in front of clients
- Strong ability to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and possess good time management skills
CWPS is an equal opportunity corporation and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities.